Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hop Knot

Beer: Hop Knot
Brewery:Four Peaks Brewery, Tempe, Arizona
ABV: 6%
Style: American IPA
Sample Medium: bottle
Size: 12 oz

Impression:Four Peaks Brewery Company out of Tempe, Arizona has created a beautifully crafted American IPA in Hop Knot. The name references the six different hop varieties woven in at seven separate times during the course of the brewing process. As the name implies, bold hopping greets you right up front with huge floral aromas and juicy citrus notes on your pallet. The unique hop flavor that makes this libation intriguingly unlike the growing sea of hop giants is rumored to be the Simcoe hop. Hop Knot pours up a pure white head over a crystal clear golden honey hue which can be deceiving of the true richness of this IPA. The real beauty of Hop Knot lies in the pure American malt which delicately offsets the bold hopping to create a well balanced and refreshing beer. Each sip finishes crisp and clean inviting you back for another.

I strongly encourage you to experience this beer. It is among my very favorites. Contact me and I will assist you in acquiring some.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please have this one at your house in May! I remember the fun day we had when we brewed this one at my house.

Anonymous said...

They bottle this? I have never seen it in the bottle before, where do they sell it? This is my favorite beer!!

Shaun said...

This beer is only sold out of the Four Peaks Brewery